Sex and Love 100

Musings on the most basic life skill . . .

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Vote for Love

     “At a certain point, I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” President Obama told ABC News. If I ever told my community college class that I thought gay marriage should be legalized I could have been fired. Opinions are not allowed at the institution and to invoke any critical thinking would be an atrocity. But today our President said it for me. The backlash is yet to come and I am sure gay-a-phobes (mostly religious fanatics) are mounting their sexual offences. I can't wait.
     If there is one thing I 've learned from homophobes it's this: the more anger, the more fear, the more offensive they are the more apt they have homosexual tendencies.  That's the way it is in the world of psychological defense mechanisms.  One of the most famous was Republican Larry Craig a conservative politician who had a record of "family value" endorsement and anti-gay legislation.  He was caught in a restroom sting soliciting sex from a male undercover decoy.  Of course he wasn't gay, he was just picking tissue off the floor and happened to fondle the shoe of the guy in the next stall.  Doesn't every well trained upstanding man clean the public restroom?  We can't forget the Jimmy Swaggerts of our past, the righteous fanatics who keep mistresses, visit their local prostitutes and in his case, get caught jerking off with his local hooker, or taking nude pictures- we still don't know what happened.  He claimed he never actually had intercourse if that means anything to his wife- after all what's really wrong with a pearl necklace. Of course it's between him and God. But to me it's crazy. 
     In a world filled with crazy hatreds, fetid sex scandals, I wonder why we can't  just vote for love- simple love and caring between two people? 

No comments:

Post a Comment